Display Boards

Around school we have many display boards that celebrate some of the amazing work that the children produce. We thought that it would be nice if this work could be shared with those of you who do not get chance to come and visit the school on a regular basis. So HERE is a selection of the schools displaysClick on any image to see the full sized image.


Forensic Science Day

On Thursday 2nd April, children in Phase 5/6 were invited to The Elizabethan Academy to take part in a Forensic Science day. The full article can be found HERE


Staff Reading

As part of the 2015 World Book Day activities various members of staff read extracts from some of their favourite books, the videos are available HERE.


Red Nose Day was on Friday 13th March and to celebrate we all came to school in non-school uniform, had special Red Nose Day biscuits and designed a mask to win a competition in our Year Groups.

We raised £416.95 as a school, and this has been sent off to the Red Nose Day Campaign Headquarters.  What a wonderful total!  Well done everyone at Carr Hill!

Below are the winners of the ‘Red Nose Day Mask Competition’ for each Year Group with their winning designs.


Coffee Stop

Friday 27th March 3:30 - 4:30PM

All welcome, come along for a coffee and a chat - taking place in the school canteen.

Any cake donations would be greatly appreciated, please deliver to the school office on the morning.

Helpers Welcome!


Rotary Club Swimathon 2015

On Saturday 7th March, 11 children took part in the Rotary Club swimathon to raise money for charity. Participants are asked to swim as many lengths as they can in the time allocated (13 minutes).  Leah managed a great number, at 21 lengths and the children who swam less managed a very creditable 9 lengths or more in the time available.

Oliver swam 16 lengths having already swam for his scout group in the session before!  Altogether, the children have been pledged approximately £450 in sponsorship.  40% of this will go to the Rotary Club charity which this year is ‘Kidscape’, a charity to help children remain safe.  Our team chose Cancer Research as their own charity, which will receive the remaining 60% of the money raised.

Everyone who took part received a medal and goody bag.  Mrs Smith would like to thank all of the children who gave up their time on a Saturday afternoon to support such worthy causes.  What a credit to Carr Hill!

The children who took part were: Brodie, Hope, Kaitlyn, Leah, Mia, Miller, Molly, Oliver, Oscar, Poppy and Teagan.


World Book Day

This year’s World Book Day was a great success. Thanks to everyone for making a huge effort to come dressed as their favourite book character. We had enough pupils dressed as Wally to make our own ‘Where’s Wally’ book!

The full article can be found HERE


I know that a child’s years at primary school are among the most important of his or her life. Here at Carr Hill, we want to provide education of the highest quality - education that provides the very best opportunities for your child.

I hope that this website will give you a sense of what Carr Hill stands for but at the same time, I know that this site alone cannot answer all your questions about us and I would encourage you to contact or visit our school.
— Neil Moore