Membership and attendance at meetings during 2015/16
This link provides the following information as required by the DfE;
- the structure and remit of the governing body and any committees, and the full names of the chair of each;
- for each governor who has served at any point over the past 12 months:
- their full names, date of appointment, term of office, date they stepped down (where applicable), who appointed them (in accordance with the governing body’s instrument of government),
- relevant business and pecuniary interests (as recorded in the register of interests) including:
- governance roles in other educational institutions;
- any material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close relatives);
- and their attendance record at governing body and committee meetings over the last academic year.
We have no associate members.
Full Governing Body
This termly meeting is attended by all members and oversees the work of the governing body as well as ratifying key decisions and policies.
P = Parent C = Co-opted A = Local Authority S = Staff HT = Head Teacher
/ = present 0 = Absent Apols. = Apologies - = No longer a governor
Notes: Mark Barnett and Mike Quigley are also governors of other schools. Other than those two governors, no
governor has relevant business and pecuniary interests (as recorded in the register of interests) including: no
governance roles in other educational institutions or any material interests arising from relationships between
governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close
relatives). BOLD date in the Appointed column is the date the term of office finished for that governor.
Finance and General Purposes Committee (F and GP)
This committee will consider issues relating to finance, staffing, health and safety, school premises, etc. and has responsibility for keeping the associated policies up to date.
Pupils and Personnel Committee (P and P)
This committee deals with matters relating to children and staff to raise standards and to update associated policies.
Strategic Development Committee (SDC)
This committee deals with matters relating to children and learning, curriculum, raising standards, evaluation and monitoring, etc. including the updating of associated policies and the overall direction of the school.
It is important that the discussions held, and decisions made, by the governing body are recorded accurately and transparently so all meetings of the full Governing Body and the committees are minuted by clerks and minuting secretaries from the local authority's Governor Services team. Copies of the minutes are held within the school office. We will also publish copies of the minutes for the current academic year on this page. Minutes will be available once they have been approved by the chair. Any confidential items (usually relating to staffing matters) have been removed.